Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Yay!

A few weeks ago Shane and I had an awesome conversation. It went like this:


Ok so maybe I am putting words in his mouth :P  But we did find out that we are expecting a new nerdlet this late spring. Exciting! 

 I have been feeling pretty sick and exhausted as a result. Maybe other moms can attest to this, but it seems like the tiredness gets worse with each kid. Also, Tessa was three when I was expecting Esther, and there is a big difference between a three year old fending for herself and a one year old left to her own devices while one hides in the bathroom. 

I have been coming home from school at noon and collapsing into bed in exhaustion, which makes me easy prey for the book vultures. 



Noooooo!

Sometimes I get annoying responses to the fact that I am expecting; I know a lot of people make these lists, but I haven't seen these items on them. Usually they just bad spiritedly complain about well meant advice.
1) Don't ask whether I want the baby. It isn't relevant, and my feelings deeply depend on how sick I am feeling. bleh.
2) Don't complain or comment on how much my husband should be helping me but isn't. Seriously. Please don't.
The end!  :)

On a non-children related note, Shane is reading a book of medieval history to me in the evenings when I am feeling sick. I am much taken by the fact that one Calif of the Arab Empire had a beloved concubine named Butterpat.

Isn't that the best name? I imagine she was delightfully plump. I wish we still gave names like that.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Babies are a blessing.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Violet! I'm so happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete