Friday, August 3, 2012

Cooter the turtle

Yesterday the dog caught a big water turtle that lives around here called a Cooter. It is kind of orange, and pretty agressive, for a turtle. I put it in a cardboard box so we could go let it go in the creek but it busted out and started charging people and hissing. I had no idea turtles could move so fast.

So we survived the turtle attack and got him to the creek. I gave a nice long speech about how we couldn't keep him as a pet because God made animals to be able to take care of themselves.   

But it was a bit anticlimactic. 
I ended up having to climb 10 feet down a spiny thorn encrusted creek bank to flip a giant angry turtle over on his stomach so he could go his happy way back into the water. 


No comments:

Post a Comment